Thursday, October 7, 2010

Don't Try This At Home

Originally scheduled for this spot was a beautiful photo array of how to make creamy cauliflower and leek soup.

I cut up a whole cauliflower, 3 leeks (white part only) and put it in my crock pot with home made chicken stock, & lots of salt & pepper.  I cooked it on low overnight, planning to puree it this morning, add heavy cream and spices (hot sauce, nutmeg & cumin) and take it for my lunch today.

About 5 a.m., I awoke to the most horrible smell.  Upon entering my kitchen, I saw what looked to be a crock pot full of toxic waste.  Smelled worse.  The leeks were burnt.  The cauliflower was the color of old leather.  Matthew came upstairs and promptly gagged.

Where did I go wrong?  It seemed like such a good idea at the time.......

On a side note, this is an actual quote from Matthew Tuesday night in the produce aisle of the grocery store:  "MOM!  Look! They have bags of broccoli and cauliflower already cut up & mixed together!  Can we get some?"  I thought the old lady at the apple bin was going to have a stroke.  BTW,  he won't eat Twinkies..........

Bon Apetit!

1 comment:

  1. See? Matthew really IS Little Ed, does he like kholorabi?

    ReplyDelete