Thursday, October 7, 2010

The BEST Apple Crisp

Mom used to make this and it's the only one I would kill for~others are okay but this one is YUMOLA!

Thank You Betty Crocker!

4-5 cups sliced, pared, and cored baking apples of your choice (about 6 medium)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 nutmeg
1/3 cup soft butter

Heat oven to 375 (quick mod. according to Betty, whatever THAT is!). Place sliced appls in greased square pan, 8x8x2" or a baking dish, 10x6x1 1/2" or 1 1/2 qt. baking dish. Blend remaining ingredients until mixture is crumbly. Spread over apples. Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream, ice cream or whipped cream.

Okay, that's the recipe but what I do is fill the bottom of a 9x13" pan with apples about 2" deep. Then I double the toppping recipe and bake as above. I usually eat it right out of the pan too. Why get a plate dirty! And sometimes I even tell the kids that I made it too!

Bon Apetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment