Monday, September 6, 2010

Hot Sauce!

The hot pepper plants are still producing TONS.  I'm running out of ideas.  Dried halapenos don't work.  So, this weekend, I made.....


HOT SAUCE!



Super simple.  I just took my ripened, red halapenos (I had 15), threw them in my small crock pot, added about 2 cups of white vinegar, and about a teaspoon of salt.  I cooked it on low for about 12 hours, then pureed it with my immersion blender and strained it.  Voila!  Its SUPER HOT.  But good. 

I would have had 16 peppers, but Matthew insisted on tasting one that night during dinner.  He took a teeny tiny bite, and didn't think it was too hot.  Before either Eric or I could stop him, he took out a huge bite.  (It was one of those slow motion things where Eric and I were both trying to scream "Noooooooooooo!" but couldn't get it out in time.) The screams were heard for miles (we were eating outside, no less).  He drank about a half gallon of milk.  But, he survived.  He'll never do THAT again.  

So, doesn't anyone else in this family cook?  or eat?  C'mon people!  Let's see some results!


Bon Apetit!

Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment